Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDownloads[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Portal10Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aboodilatif
High Carbs
High Carbs
aboodilatif

Male
Number of posts : 29
Warning :
[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-28

[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Empty
Post[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas

ADDING NEW TUNING PARTS TO GTA SA

Tutorial Version: 2.0.2
Last Updated: August 22 2008
Revision: 4

Files Needed:
veh_mods.ide
shopping.dat
american.gxt
gta3.img
veh_mods.ide

Programs Needed:
Notepad
any IMG editor
any GXT editor

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅1̲̅]
Ok, to start off, you need to know what tuning part you want to add. Is it a spoiler? is it a roof? after knowing what part you want to add, you need to use the following table to determine the name of the dff and txd

Spoiler - spl_*_*_*
Hood Scoop - bnt_*_*_*
Roof Scoop - rf_*_*_*
Fog Lights - lgt_*_*
Side Skirt - wg_*_*_*
Exhaust Tips - exh_*_*
Front Bumper(WAA ONLY) - fbmp_*_*
Rear Bumper(WAA ONLY) - rbmp_*_*

*= any alphabetical letter you wish to use, a maximum of 3 (three) letters can be used with each * (star), no special characters allowed (!@#$%....etc)
(to guide you throughout this tutorial i will be adding a spoiler; spl_a_bod_a. all referances to this part will be shown in brackets "( )" )

after you have chosen the appropriate name, its time to move on to the next step.

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅2̲̅]
Add the .dff and .txd file to your GTA3.IMG archive using any IMG Editor.

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅3̲̅]

open veh_mods.ide located in data\maps\veh_mods\veh_mods.ide using notepad and scroll down untill you see the following entries:

Code:

1191, fbmp_lr_t1, tornado, 100, 4096
1192, rbmp_lr_t1, tornado, 100, 4096
1193, rbmp_lr_t2, tornado, 100, 4096
end
tobj
end
path

add a new line under "1193, rbmp_lr_t2, tornado, 100, 4096" and a new entry, it should be shown in the following format:

Code:

next ide entry (1194), model name (spl_a_bod_a), txd name [vehicle.txd can be used, just remove the ".txd" from the entry] (spl_a_bod_a), draw distance [i recomend you copy it from a similar part] (70), unknown flag system [this is yet unknown, so we recomend you copy one from a similar part] (0)

save and exit.

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅4̲̅]
open shopping.dat located in data\ using notepad and scroll down untill you see the follwing line:

Code:

section CarMods
#name,nametag,stats to change,price   
bnt_b_sc_lBMBLBSrespect 0 sexy 0150

and enter a new entry above bnt_b_sc_l using the following format

Code:

model name (spl_a_bod_a)GXT name (entry name we are going to add later in american.gxt)repect 0 (can be between 0 and 100)  sexy 0 (can be between 0 and 100)      price # (how much does it cost to buy this part in dollars ($))

save but DO NOT close shopping.dat just yet, we need to decide what mod shop you wish the tuning part to show up in, if you want it to show up at:

Transfender: go to step 5a and skip 5b and 5c
Wheel Arch Angels:go to step 5b and skip 5a and 5c
Loco Low:go to step 5c and skip 5a and 5b

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅5̲̅a̲̅]

scroll down in shopping.dat untill you see the following lines:

Code:

section carmod1 # Normal Cars
type CarMods
item bnt_b_sc_l

and add a new line above "item bnt_b_sc_l" using the following format:

Code:

item modelname (item spl_a_bod_a)

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅5̲̅b̲̅]

Code:

section carmod2 # Lowriders
type CarMods
item bnt_b_sc_l

Code:

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅5̲̅c̲̅]

Code:

section carmod3 # Street Racers
type CarMods
item bnt_b_sc_l

Code:

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅6̲̅]
open american.gxt using any gxt editor (GTA: San Andreas GXT Editor) and click on Entry --> Add then follow these steps, use the GXT name you used in shopping.dat as [Entry name] and the name you wish to be displayed in the tuning shop as [Value]
now save and exit

•[̲̅S̲̅t̲̅e̲̅p̲̅ ̲̅7̲̅]
open carmods.dat located in data\ using notepad and add the model name (spl_a_bod_a) infront of the car you wish to have the tuning part (make sure it has the correct dummies)

[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 71cb7f11744139

Special Thanks To:
XSB - for helping me out through this whole tutorial and teaching me a few things

Copyright 2005-2008 Aboodilatif, all rights reserved, you may not place this tutorial on your site/blog/forum/space without my expressed permission, you may not use any part of this tutorial without my expressed permission. PERIOD
Back to top Go down
http://gtasheiks.18.forumer.com
Share this post on: reddit

[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas :: Comments

The tiburon is from NFS, (U2?) while the Celica is low poly:

http://gta-worldmods.planet-multiplayer.de/phpkit/start/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=837

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads?p=file&id=1635
RaptorGTWing
Re: [Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas
Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 pm by RaptorGTWing
thanks dough! cheese although that isnt really considered adding but good idea, and thanks so much for the long explaination dude! cheese
axel wrote:
The tiburon is from NFS, (U2?) while the Celica is low poly:

http://gta-worldmods.planet-multiplayer.de/phpkit/start/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=837

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads?p=file&id=1635
thanks a lot!
now 2 add a tiburan ingame Wink

RaptorGTWing wrote:
thanks dough! cheese although that isnt really considered adding but good idea, and thanks so much for the long explaination dude! cheese

no problem Wink and ye, i no it aint really "adding" just figured it could be useful for adding more tuning cars cheese it really helped me out. cuz there isnt a car mod out there that uses ALL the parts for the car its replacing. and as uve probably noticed by now, it adds up after a while Wink

*EDIT*
also, does any1 no why paintjobs dont work in GTA united? Razz
awesome mod, and even better retextured and better FX. map would look wicked in ENBseries Razz i got about 70% of the cars replaced in that, and all tuning parts used ofc... Razz but paintjobs show up weird textures?
and it doesnt let me load savegames?
also, when i use the newest ENBseries, i get this:
[img][Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas - Page 2 Huh10[/img]
but when i use 0074f i get nice gfx?
RaptorGTWing
Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:30 pm by RaptorGTWing
that is a known bug with the latest ENB, thats why i stick to 74f, i think its the most stable to date. Strange why paintjobs wont work in United. By the way dough, any idea how to get paint jobs working on added vehicles? I have added (not replaced) a car to SA too but when i buy paintjobs for it, cj's face texture appears on it. :/ strange... for other cars already in SA its fine.
thats a problem with the engine im pretty sure xD im not to sure how to fix it Razz
and when i use PJs in GTA: united it uses textures from the map it seems. they APPEAR about 128x128px max (extremely blurry)
its a wicked mod. just they need to work on it a lil Wink
RaptorGTWing
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:49 pm by RaptorGTWing
lol, that happens to me too in normal SA map when i put too many carmods on a particular vehicle in the carmods.ide (basically a very very long string of carmods line), the 1st 3 paintjobs are ok, but the 4th becomes just like your problem.
that sounds like a stream error and that actually makes sense since GTA: united modifies the streams/limits in gta sa.

heres a few of my cars. only the ones i use xD

i upgraded my system lol
is there a program to view models inside san andreas?
like car parts. (wheels, bumpers, spoilers, etc) without starting san andreas?
emontero
Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 pm by emontero
These programs can help you
http://www.gtainside.com/download.php?do=download&id=14089
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1425
Check out!
Falken
dough wrote:
heres a few of my cars. only the ones i use xD

i upgraded my system lol
is there a program to view models inside san andreas?
like car parts. (wheels, bumpers, spoilers, etc) without starting san andreas?
Looks off topic to me...and double post.... spam spam spam spam
hmm... where did i double post?
alluke
Sorry for digging this up after 6 years, but has anyone else got SALA error "ID Limit Breached" while adding tuning parts? I have successfully added 2 bodykits, 7 parts each but today when I added third one, I got the error.

I've tried playing with the limits, but none of them seem to help with this.

[Tutorial] Adding New Tuning Parts to GTA San Andreas

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2