Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDownloadsGeneral Motors Broke! Portal10Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Motors Broke!

Go down 
+17
Flinta
Kotton
geriko2k
KamikaZ
VladyF
Tinman7
Franko
[DC]supra
XSB
Xavier
eynstone
Neos7
mis0009
Varinder S.
shelbymotor
Urko™
emontero
21 posters
AuthorMessage
emontero
Pro
Pro
emontero

Male
Number of posts : 461
Warning :
General Motors Broke! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100General Motors Broke! Right_bar_bleue

Personalized field : Now that the base ain't getting pushed up in their faces...Maybe these fools should be up for some real bangin'!
General Motors Broke! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100General Motors Broke! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-09-26

General Motors Broke! Empty
PostSubject: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:47 am

Damm and now what happend!!!

we lost now

Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
GMC
Hummer
Pontiac
SAAB
and Saturn
Back to top Go down
http://emonterogta.blogspot.com/
Urko™
Godfather
Godfather
Urko™

Male
Number of posts : 828
Warning :

Personalized field : outlaw

Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:33 am

no we didnt.. what do ya think happened? all the cars just ESPLOOODED??? ... kinda lame topic.. cheap..

tho i also heard theres another ''backup'' company that is still making these cars.. tho im not sure.. i wasnt paying attention
Back to top Go down
shelbymotor
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
shelbymotor

Male
Number of posts : 2141
Warning :

Personalized field : V8 ENGINE !

Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:30 am

Sad .well here in argentina no for the moment so...here are cars of the last brands Smile but well the cars of USA are amazing!,my question is why they broke? here in argentina the tv detected thisproblem and speak of this all days.
Back to top Go down
http://shelbymotor-mods.blogspot.com/
Varinder S.
High Carbs
High Carbs
Varinder S.

Male
Number of posts : 949
Warning :

General Motors Broke! Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100General Motors Broke! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 pm

yeah why they broke? Confused
Back to top Go down
mis0009
New Commer
New Commer
mis0009

Male
Number of posts : 19
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
https://carbongear.1forum.biz/portal.htm
Neos7
Neos7

Male
Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:33 pm

i can't understand what really happened
Back to top Go down
http://www.neos7.altervista.org
eynstone
Advanced User
Advanced User
eynstone

Male
Number of posts : 234
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:37 pm

yea i suppose its because of the so called "recession", over here in aus weve only lost chrystler so far ;P
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Pro
Pro
Xavier

Male
Number of posts : 528
Warning :

Personalized field : Scrambled Eggs Ninja

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 pm

I only feel sorry for the people that worked there. GM is broke because nobody buys cars that "eat" a lot of fuel, people are now buying more european and japansese cars because they have better fuel economy

Last edited by Xavier on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XSB
Godfather
Godfather
XSB

Male
Number of posts : 1064
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:23 pm

Neos7 wrote:
i can't understand what really happened

GM and Chrysler are close to be bankrupt (the state when they abolutely have no money). The US government is about to give them a huge amount of money trying to save them, and a company called "Magna" will take over the brand "Opel" in europe.
Back to top Go down
Neos7
Neos7

Male
Number of posts : 1248
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:45 pm

oh now it's clear cheese thx
Back to top Go down
http://www.neos7.altervista.org
[DC]supra
Advanced User
Advanced User
[DC]supra

Male
Number of posts : 170
Warning :

Personalized field : slacking

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:36 pm

ok wait im not sure where ur getting this infromation, chevy is close to bankrupt, but is now on the rise again in my county (county not country). my dad just recently quit his job, he was a toyota salesman, and now has multiple offers inluding: toyota in the next ounty, subaru in the other next county, chevy in this county, and a small used car dealership in this county. the chevy dealerships sales have gone up a LOT in the past months.
also he will probably go to the toyota dealer in the next county becuase he knows ppl there and can make about 3x as much as he did last year if he brings hes huge client base with him, i live in NC and he has ppl that come all the way from VA beach and Texas to buy cars from him.
sorry if i got a lil offtopic but chevy is, atleast in my county, on the rise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/supradailydriver
Franko
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 1239
Warning :

Personalized field : lol

Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 pm

I knew this would happen right from the beginning of the recession, it surely happened because of the shutdown of the Pontiac line ( pontiac line makes 10x more money than any other line) and to be honest, i don't feel sorry for them, they could have avoided this situation in many ways and i just think that they shut down the pontiac line to f**k themself up, and to get money off the US goverment, seems like theyre strategy is working and the US goverment is dumb enough to actually give them the money LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sdrifter-nismoracing.blogspot.com
Tinman7
Administrator
Administrator
Tinman7

Male
Number of posts : 1394
Warning :

Personalized field : Nothing beats waking up to the sound of a screaming supercharger on a V8.

Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:14 am

eynstone wrote:
yea i suppose its because of the so called "recession", over here in aus weve only lost chrystler so far ;P

We came so damn close to losing Holden because of GM going down the drain.
But Holden still rolls on! Boo-yah!!!!
Back to top Go down
VladyF
Administrator
Administrator
VladyF

Male
Number of posts : 3414
Warning :

Personalized field : Nope

Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 am

when this recession started , nobody worked in the factory for 3 weeks but now Dacia's employees work in Sundays too and they hired 300 ppl more to increase the production Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbongear.1forum.biz
KamikaZ
High Carbs
High Carbs
KamikaZ

Male
Number of posts : 716
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 am

Most of these situations are simple to overpass, simple reduce the big bosses paycheck and voila!..
Back to top Go down
geriko2k
New Commer
New Commer
geriko2k

Male
Number of posts : 12
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:29 am

GM is filing chapter 11 (bankruptcy) but they are not out. The US government is going to take over for them and on top of that, we taxpayers will have partial ownership in the company. BTW, Obama just hired a young executive (about 31 yrs old better that those old timer stuff shirts) to clean up the image of GM.
Back to top Go down
eynstone
Advanced User
Advanced User
eynstone

Male
Number of posts : 234
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 am

We came so damn close to losing Holden because of GM going down the drain.
But Holden still rolls on! Boo-yah!!!![/quote]

Razz eh no great loss i hate holden anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Kotton
High Carbs
High Carbs
Kotton

Male
Number of posts : 318
Warning :

Personalized field : SUSPECT ...EVERYTHING

Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:24 pm

since when do US taxpayers have partial ownership in anything? that's a joke right? we never even own the property our houses sit on for christ's sake- and it's purposely been made like that so the government can have rights over you.. as ALL rights here in the US stem from property ownership and the protection of that property

for example, you, as a citizen of the united states, own yourself and are your own property - if anyone causes you bodily harm, you have the right to seek compensation for them damaging your property - but now, lawyers have created loopholes to where emotional damage has been worked into the equation, which strips US of our 1st amendment rights... as we can no longer scold or yell at another person for fear of them suing for emotional "damage"

eg, let's say you're an ironworker, and some1 that you work with ain't using his brain and does something stupid as FUK to jeopardize your other coworkers lives.. you can no longer yell at that person for putting other people in harms way, because you'll be damaging their property (emotionally) and they can legally sue you - but you can fire them because that's not causing damage to their property

so as you can see, all rights originate from ownership of property and the protection of that property - now, back to the topic at hand, the ONLY reason the government has been printing new slips of worthless paper (printing more money) and handing it out by the billions to sinking corporations is because the less YOU own, the less rights you have as a citizen because you no longer OWN anything (stocks, bonds, ect), the government now does-

if you look a little deeper, you will understand that this bankruptcy, takes every single person that has even the smallest ownership of General Motors thru it's stocks, bonds, 401k's, ect. and makes their ownership completely worthless, null and void - so if you had 2 million dollars invested into GM stock (which would make you about half of 1 percent owner of the company) - you now loose that 2 million dollars because your stocks are now worth absolutely nothing- which in turn, means you no longer own any of the company as well

so in essence, what we all have been witnessing over the last year, is the cold calculated extinction of our rights as citizens because "we the people" no longer own anything- our corrupt government does.. and please don't be so naive as to come in here droppn a response to this that says "we" own and run our government xD
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Kottons_Chop_Shop/index/
Flinta
Godfather
Godfather
Flinta

Male
Number of posts : 199
Warning :

Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm

It s**ks that SAAB is on that list...
Back to top Go down
http://flintasmodding.googlepages.com
geriko2k
New Commer
New Commer
geriko2k

Male
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Yeah, I meant the US taxpayers being part owners of GM as a sarcastic remark, but I wish we did. Good points made, though.
Back to top Go down
geriko2k
New Commer
New Commer
geriko2k

Male
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:16 am

I must add that I do see my 401k shrinking before my eyes. I never said anything about us owning the the government. We run our own lives as we see fit. Its just that big brother is always watching. I am familiar with all of the examples you have given above. I don't know why you are making this conversation so serious saying that I'M being naive. It's only about GM going broke and not about politics. I could really care less if GM stays put or goes broke, I don't buy their cars anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kotton
High Carbs
High Carbs
Kotton

Male
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:02 am

LOL- no worries man, the only sentences that were focused directly at you were the 1st 2

the rest were generalizations so whomever read it could edumacate demselbes..

and I wasn't trying to convey any kind of "seriousness", was just droppn facts and knowledge - tho, for the most part, we (the people) have been conditioned to be mental lightweights and reject "deep" conversations for the frivolous

but I am missing something tho.. you said that it's only about GM going broke and not about politics - but any half assd educated man will tell you everything about it ..is politics.. and if you wanna break it down into the simplest of terms, the government is basically taking over GM, so.. how is that not political again? lol

btw- we run our lives according to how they see fit, we've just been conditioned to think it was our choice -it's actually pretty comedic, 98.89% of all US citizens lack the general knowledge and life experience needed to tell what's real and what's fake- "urhrhr, I was born and raised in anytown, usa by a middle class working family that put me thru college.. and I gradumated.. and that means I'm smart urhrhrhr" xD

EDIT- is that a Saturn in your av? that thing look sikk
Back to top Go down
ADUBZ
High Carbs
High Carbs
ADUBZ

Male
Number of posts : 34
Warning :

Personalized field : Tester

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:58 am

The Nissan GTR was the best car to ever step foot on Bathurst, pfft the fords and holdens. Im not bothered if GM goes, a majority of cars in Australia are Japanese and European.
Back to top Go down
wired
High Carbs
High Carbs
wired

Number of posts : 275
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:53 pm

I'm sure that US will kick back GM and Chrysler in the ring,it's just a matter of time,there will probably kill off some brands from GM,but maybe not too much of them,also Koenigsegg wants to buy SAAB,so the future is bright there,Opel has been bought by MAGNA,but no ideea what will happen on the aussie side of GM.
Back to top Go down
Kotton
High Carbs
High Carbs
Kotton

Male
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:05 pm

wired wrote:
there will probably kill off some brands from GM,but maybe not too much of them

I wonder if Saturn will be one of 'em xD

anywayz... idk if they'll ever bounce back as strong as they were, let's say, 10 years ago.. but they ain't goin nowhere, that's for sure - unfortunately, the ones that suffer the most from this is the thousands and thousands of workers they'll be laying off.. and that's of course, on top of the thousands that have already been laid off - I guess we won't be hearing the announcement of executives arriving in private jets anymore tho.. like EVER lol- talk about learning a fast lesson in flying under the radar xD

on a positive note, all GM products are now warrantied by the government LOL
Back to top Go down
Falken
Godfather
Godfather
Falken

Male
Number of posts : 3298
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:25 pm

wired wrote:
I'm sure that US will kick back GM and Chrysler in the ring,it's just a matter of time,there will probably kill off some brands from GM,but maybe not too much of them,also Koenigsegg wants to buy SAAB,so the future is bright there,Opel has been bought by MAGNA,but no ideea what will happen on the aussie side of GM.
And Chrysler is now together with Fiat Group Automobiles, so that's another one saved...Hummer was bought by a chinese automotive group (sacrilege :wtf: :wtf: ), and the rest, we don't know yet, but <I seriously doubt that brands such as Chevy will ever go down...

Now let's hope for the best, especially for all those workers who're risking their job now...let's hope this gets solved soon Wink
Back to top Go down
VladyF
Administrator
Administrator
VladyF

Male
Number of posts : 3414
Warning :

Personalized field : Nope

Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Did Fiat bought Chrysler ? I heard they didn't wanted to sell it to Fiat
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbongear.1forum.biz
Falken
Godfather
Godfather
Falken

Male
Number of posts : 3298
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:52 pm

VladyF wrote:
Did Fiat bought Chrysler ? I heard they didn't wanted to sell it to Fiat
They didn't want to sell Opel to Fiat...in fact they sold it to Magna...

Obama himself made sure Chrysler was sold to Fiat Wink
Back to top Go down
ALEXE
High Carbs
High Carbs
ALEXE

Male
Number of posts : 897
Warning :

Personalized field : Soul

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:06 pm

I think in about 3-5 years tops US companies will buy all US brands back from foreigners
maybe xcept Hummer xD
I wish the Japs bought it, tho, maybe they woulda brought the original H1 on a hybrid engine Razz
Back to top Go down
http://vgunetwork.forumotion.net/
shelbymotor
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
shelbymotor

Male
Number of posts : 2141
Warning :

Personalized field : V8 ENGINE !

Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 pm

i think that ford and chevrolet must be united in one only and create very nice cars,or sports car to small price,so the if the people like the model and the value ,can buy this and after chevy can back that was before
Back to top Go down
http://shelbymotor-mods.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Motors Broke!   General Motors Broke! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Motors Broke!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dojo :: HangOut-
Jump to: